Maharishi Foundation International (MFI) is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers.
MFI is a growing, fully remote team of nearly 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere.
We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
We are seeking a Communications Specialist whose main focus will be managing our Mailchimp accounts including audiences, automations, and email templates. In addition you will maintain various content management & messaging systems including uploading content. As a Communications Specialist you will play a key role in owning systems that are used by multiple teams in our company. You will be consulted on a variety of projects and be part of brainstorming solutions. This role is based remotely and reports to the team lead in the Netherlands.
You are a systematic and holistic thinker. You pay attention to details and think about how things connect. It’s important to you that when you start a job you finish it and can be patient in your approach. You understand that routine work is an important part of what keeps a system running. You enjoy working with a variety of people and brainstorming solutions.
- Maintaining all aspects of a growing Mailchimp account
- Security and user management
- Audience maintenance
- Monitoring & reporting on email deliverability, abuse complaints, unsubscribes
- Creation, testing, maintenance of email templates & campaigns
- Creation, maintenance of mailchimp automations
- Maintaining all aspects of our push notification system (OneSignal)
- Testing & maintenance of push notifications
- Management of cohorts list and integration with Mixpanel
- Maintaining all aspects of our CMS (Prismic)
- Uploading content
- Streamlining documentation systems
- Reporting and documentation of systems and protocols
- Assessing the impact of projects on our communications platforms and systems
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in a Mailchimp (or similar email platform) ownership position
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Comfortable working with various CMS
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in copywriting is a plus
- Experience working in a global non-profit, working with a remote team or in a multinational organization preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
Pay and benefits
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 55th percentile of New York market rate for this role, based on Payscale data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo data.
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
Diversity and inclusion
We care about diversity – we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete, and that we can always improve.
Our team is fully remote, living and working across 20 countries across the world, and we’d love to hear how you can add to our special culture at MFI.